ticking/tapping

jlee

Reaction score
Hello all I have a 06 cobalt lt and their is a ticking/tapping sound Coming from valve cover and over all motor just sounds louder feels low on power oil change helped a little but that's it just quieted it down a bit thanks ahead of time

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the serpentine belt making any of that noise? The other option is valves, you can pull the valve cover to check.

jlee

Reaction score
Every now an then I hear a squeak that sounds like a belt how much would valve cover seal be? It idles like it has I miss to like a slight stutter.Car needs quite a bit to be honest aside from this problem not mechanical that I knOw of more suspension oriented, should I start another thread or put them on here to?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd start another thread for suspension issues. I don't know the cost of a valve cover seal.

jlee

Reaction score
Ok so check valves will have to do this weekend I'm also close to 200k miles so been anticipating a new motor soon I tried to look up thread for new engine, engine rebuild, replacement engine etc but no luck any advice on getting better results?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais