Tire pressure on SS?

bhope

Reaction score
Just bought an '06 SS and had some bead leak problems. When I checked for manufacturer's specs I found the label had been removed.

Does anyone know what the correct manufacturer's recommendation is for front and rear with the 17" 50's?

bhope

Reaction score
The pressure on the tire is from the tire manufacturer for the tire only and offers a MAXIMUM pressure. Used on different cars of various weights, the recommended car manufacturer's pressure changes from car to car.

The maximum pressure on these tires is 50 psi, which would be like riding on the rims.

bhope

Reaction score
Dealers are really different in my town. One wouldn't give me the time of day (where I bought the car) and wanted the info. The other had a handy-dandy booklet on the counter with all makes / models, OEM tire specs and tire pressures.

Recommended Tire Pressure is 35 PSI

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers are really different in my town. One wouldn't give me the time of day (where I bought the car) and wanted the info. The other had a handy-dandy booklet on the counter with all makes / models, OEM tire specs and tire pressures.

Recommended Tire Pressure is 35 PSI

09 ss is 33

riko540

Reaction score
There is a sticker on the frame that has the tire information on it. Open the driver side door and its right there. I believe its 35, I leave mine at 32 cause I found with the pressure at 35psi the car bounces around with every bump you hit.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35-38psi will give better MPG, along with provide better cornering. More Life.

30-32psi will give better straight line traction. Less Life.

There is a lot more that goes into Tire Pressure, as well. Those are some basics though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais