Toyota

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whether this is a conspiracy or not, this is great news for american car manufacturers. only toyota would design cars with "brakes by wire" and sticky gas pedals. people are idiots for trusting something like that. simplicity is what makes american cars the best.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
it's a fucked up situation that I guarentee EVERY VEHICLE MODEL has had happen at least once to somebody somewhere that put an oversized floormat in their vehicle. It happened to me on my last car, the all season floor mat got in the way and stuck the gas pedal to the floor, scared the shit outta me even tho I was parked and in neutral, turned the car off IMMEDIATELY and didn't blow anything. But then 10 mins later while driving it happened again, lucky for me i knew what had happened, got my foot on the brake to start with, and then turned the car off mid traffic in 3rd gear so I could pull the mat back.........after that experience, I PROMISED myself, NEVER AGAIN will I use floor mats, NEVER! I think all the car manufacturers need to be challenged by this to create all-weather floormats that are embedded into the floor but still removable for cleaning.

utsadude

Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's a fucked up situation that I guarentee EVERY VEHICLE MODEL has had happen at least once to somebody somewhere that put an oversized floormat in their vehicle. It happened to me on my last car, the all season floor mat got in the way and stuck the gas pedal to the floor, scared the shit outta me even tho I was parked and in neutral, turned the car off IMMEDIATELY and didn't blow anything. But then 10 mins later while driving it happened again, lucky for me i knew what had happened, got my foot on the brake to start with, and then turned the car off mid traffic in 3rd gear so I could pull the mat back.........after that experience, I PROMISED myself, NEVER AGAIN will I use floor mats, NEVER! I think all the car manufacturers need to be challenged by this to create all-weather floormats that are embedded into the floor but still removable for cleaning.

You are aware that this article has nothing to do with the floor mat recall, right?

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Nor does it change the fact that your statement is correct(in my eyes at least).

Just making sure you were aware this is about the actual pedal sticking.

i thought i was completely confused and was reading it wrong, that's scary but still, don't ppl know how to use the brake pedal? putting it into neutral? park? or the BEST choice, TURN IT OFF!!!!......................do ppl forget about that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson