Tranny shifts hard while driving AND P>D after fluid drain/refill (only after engine is warm)

Seles

Reaction score
Let me apologize beforehand, because this is a long one.

Headache car in question; 2010 chevy cobalt 1LT 2D
*EDIT*
Car is an automatic and has 69,980 miles

I JUST got my car back from the dealership to have it serviced.
Did a transmission drain/refill, dropped the pan etc
Started shifting stupid hard about 30mins into driving.
It did not do this when I first pulled it off the lot, only when the engine is warm and has NEVER done this prior.
I know that sometimes a tranny flush can make things worse and Im hoping that isnt the case.

The service invoice (word for word) says;
'Customer requests transmission drain and refill.
Transmission fluid is contaminated due to time or mileage.
Had to remove fluid pan to drain and refilled from top, topped off to spec completed.
7qts of stp dex v11 (dexron AT)'.

AND

'Customer states when turning the vehicle there is a shaking/vibration when turning.
Right front output shaft.
Verified concern found that output shaft was not seeded all the way and cause to pop out axle and causing shaking/vibration.
Replaced axle and output shaft with inner cv axle seal and test drove. Vehicle no longer shakes or vibrates.'
Parts used; Shaft assembly, seal kit, cv axle.

Dealership is 45 mins away so i cant take it back right now, and i cant take it to a local shop because my warranty only kicks in at that specific dealership (bought car from).
Aaaand the dealership was closed by the time I got home so, Im unable to call them.

I just spent the last of my money to get it serviced so I cannot take it anywhere until I get paid again (2wks), I just want to know if anyone has encountered this problem or if someone that knows cars could maybe troubleshoot this or point me in a good direction.

Last edited:

jcaouette207

Reaction score
This may be an entirely different issue all together, but when your gears started shifting hard did you have any other symptoms? Friday afternoon out of the blue, on an hour long drive my 08 cobalt sporadically would start to ding at me. My gauges would stop working for a split second and then, the car began shifting hard. When I got to my destination I disconnected the battery for an hour or so and the hard shifts have stopped for now. I thought it was odd and was just wondering if maybe someone else is dealing with this issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais