Tranny wont grab gears

Squanto

Reaction score
Well it's my second time posting here. This time its the tranny, and this is making me angry as i can't find any solutions at all and so much money was already spent on it.

First of all it was rough shifting, replaced oil and filter, better but still there, then decided to get a good cleaning. Dropped pan and cleaned around a bit. A lot better after that replacement and cleaning.

My car started redlining easily, and it's an automatic. I would floor it just to have fun and make sure to let off near redline to not damage anything. After a few weeks of driving from home to school to work back to home, my baby wouldn't shift into third unless I let off the gas.

Took it to my dads to get his help replacing only shift solenoids. Tried it to no avail. Took it to transmission shop and they told us to clean the valve body. Took it off and cleaned well, made sure all valves moved freely. Held up check balls with a little grease that should've dissolved with ATF in.

Now it jerks hard into second but still won't grab third at all. RPMs stay high on highway. Usually would be around 3000 to 4000 on highway but its at 6000 to 7000 near redline. I don't know what else to check before getting a feared rebuild. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afraid I'm not much use with automatics. I hope someone else can answer but this place isn't exactly a bustling hub anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup