transmission rev

claxton07

Reaction score
i have an 09 cobalt with the 2.2 5 speed and 75k miles on it and the car revs up whenever i shift. and also when im trying to accelerate it seems like its going no where at all unless i downshift to a lower gear and usually to get onto the highway im in 2nd or third till about 35 mph and it bogs down like im barely touching the gas. any suggestions cuz ive read up on the problems and they all sound about right as either the clutch or the locking assembly so any help and insight would be appreciated.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At what point in the gear change process does the motor rev up?

claxton07

Reaction score
It revs up after I've already shifts but then drops right back down and takes forever to get back up to speed unless I down shift. Then I gotta hope that I can be going fast enough that it doesn't bog down too far so ill keep accelerating.

claxton07

Reaction score
will do. ill get some after work just left it sitting at home today because last night second gear wasnt even doing anything and i can hear a noise like when you take 2 metal washeres and rub them together so gunna take it to a shop tomorrow to have it looked at. but will still get video tonight and ill post it up to here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
case310

Latest posts