Trifecta switchable tune review

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it's been about 6 weeks since I tuned the car. Other than the tune, it's bone stock.

For those that think it's complicated to upload a tune to your car, it's not. You buy it and send Vince your VIN. He sends you the tune and you download a program onto your laptop. When the box arrives in the mail, you use it to hook up your laptop to the car and upload. Took about 20 mins for the first version. After I datalogged, he revised it and it took about 10 minutes to upload. Next datalog was fine.

Onto the tune itself. Simply put, it's a different car tuned. I used to brake boost but with the tune, it's not needed. Power kicks in instantly. Running along in 2nd gear at 30mph and punch it, the tires squeel till you let off.

4th gear at 100mph, punch it and you can feel the torque steer trying to wrestle the wheel out of your hands. GM did a great job of muting it stock but the tune just has so much torque.

This is the best bang for your buck. Best money I've ever spend on a car.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Great review man :) I wouldn't be going between stock and tuned myself as my Cobalt has become a Track Whore only and is permanently off the street. Question for you and one that needs to be answered month by month, how does the clutch feel? Will you be needing to replace the stock one asap? 1 month? 2 months? 6 months? I do recall some people having issues with stock clutches not holding the potential power that could be gained from a custom tune. A tune is #4 on my list of upgrades for my Cobalt, #1 is stripping my interior down about 80%, #2 is tires(Kuhmo XS 245/35/R18), #3 is a rear swaybar(OTTP hardcore swaybar), and hopefully a tune can stay at #4, if a clutch is needed then tune gets moved to #5. I am very excited to see more and more ppl getting their LNF's tuned up, you guys are doing an amazing job testing out all the different tunes available and helping me to see where the LNF's weakpoints are. I also need to watch as many Koni Challange series races to see what weakpoints they have found as well.

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clutch at this point feels fine and does not slip. However, I'm not hard on my car like some other people can be. I would imaging that a car used solely for racing will need one for sure.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the tune for about 4 or 5 months. i am fairly hard on my car. i used to go to the track every weekend and still do my fair share of street races. I have not felt any clutch slippage except for when in too high of a gear and not going quite the speed for it. example 20 mph in 3rd, 40 in 4th ect. i have faith in the clutch seeing as it holds up to the torque to break the tires free at 50mph

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I might be getting this when I go home, depending on finances :D

1PT7BAR

Reaction score
Hands down, the best bang for the buck I've ever spent...

Might want to put a lock on the tune to keep the mechanics from exploiting your rubber...:)

IMG_1703.jpg

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trust me if a tech finds it and u got a waranty it will go away. but like i said to begin with do the competive button not the CC, 2 reasons. 1)i used cc to cruse down the interstate help with gas mileage, 2)alot of people leave the button depressed when they bring it in for work, if you "forget" to de-press it they see the tune your toast. But IF they press competive button and find it you can bring up the fact of why are you pressing the button for a simple fix when there is no reason for them 2. just my .02

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais