Upgrades and Horsepower and Stuff

jsqui28

Reaction score
Outside of the fact that I will be buying a stage II upgrade from GM, Exhaust, and intake. What else is recommended in order to increase HP without spending a fortune? I read a lot about different performance chips but I am not risking my motor on a maybe. Any suggestions?

Drumrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a tune would do your car wonders, especially if there is an HP tuner in your area. also, for your exhaust do you plan on just doing a catback? because a header/downpipe will add a good bit of power

jsqui28

Reaction score
I have a guy who will dyno tune it. but i hadnt decided if i wanna do exhaust/downpipe yet. i was more curious about performance chips or what else could add some serious HP. i would like it to be around 300HP. Im cool with that.

Drumrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
300hp is very hard to achieve with the m62. you would need extensive cooling mods, a very small pulley and a full 3in exhaust. probably a ported blower and head too. the m62 just isnt capable of that power. you should be able to hit the 280 range though

Reaction score
Injen intake, Magnaflow cat back, Vibrant header/Downpipe kit, Upgraded TTR engine and tranny STOP mounts... That would be a good popular start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais