Vibrations when driving.l!

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my car has some type of vibrations issues. When pulling un 1st gear til like 20 mph or going in between 60-70. I just got tires balanced and the alignment is more straight than a ruler. Any ideas??????
Some useful/less info
Car : cobalt ss/sc
Year : 07
Miles: 12113. Yes 12k.
Has aftermarket rims . Came with car. Could wrong offset cause vibrations ???????????. They hubcentric

I sent this thru the Intranet™

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has it always done it? could be a bad hub or possibly bad mounts

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah always and still. Got the car with 11k miles. Like I said. Balanced tires on sat and alignment on Sunday. All were ok

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powertrain yes. 3k miles from dealer yes. Took it to dealer and they need car to look into ut during week and if I do that im careless to go to work

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bet the balance is off, could have lost a weight, remember tire guys are usally the lowest on the shops totem pole. the rims could be not true... loose lugs, bad hub, faulty tire i.e. manufactuer defect or snapped belt or internal sidewall tear. slightest chance it's a horribly warped rotor.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well tires are balanced. Alignment is str8. Rotors a maybe just cause driverside looks like crap. I may be getting better mounts eventually but I got a warranty and don't know if it interfere with it

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it were the rotor you would also feel pulsation under braking hence i said slight chance.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it were the rotor you would also feel pulsation under braking hence i said slight chance.

Yeah I know. No pulsations there though. I am starting to believe my 1st gear pull is torque steer and the 60-70mph shake is from aftermarket rims. Dunno though. It sorta don't do it much now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais