Wanting to paint my headliner

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on how patient you are. i painted my headliner without taking it out...

you could do this but be careful of the fumes... you will want the windows rolled down and the doors open. take trash bags and cover everything (EVERYTHING) except the headliner...use painters tape the hold the bags down. use a respirator to avoid inhaling the fumes and just go at it with the duplicolor fabric paint. that is a lazy way of doing it. so long as you tape/cover everything it will work but the best thing to do is take it out so you can see any uneven parts the shadows overlay.

PULL your seats it will save u a big headache !!! :emotions122: i believe the front seats LH and RH are secured with two bolts oh each seat behind the seat use a 15mm socket , and as for the rear there is a procedure for this too here is the URL How To Relocate Back Seat Release Handles - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts hope it helps

Dan

Reaction score
In my 2 dr LS, all I did was lean the front pass. seat forward, and after everything was loosened/removed, a little bit of gentle maneuvering and it came right out. Wasn't too bad going back in either lol. I'm guessing this might be a little bit harder in a 4 dr. I used about 2 1/2 cans of Duplicolor's vinyl&Fabric paint.. looks good, but feels like sandpaper. I'm tinking about buying fabric and redoing it sometime soon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso