Warning chime and no indication on display

Mjdrsmnt

Reaction score
My 2010 Cobalt LS is sounding the warning chime but not displaying any woarnings on the dash. It occurs when the car goes from a stop and begins moving forward. I was wonderng if uneven tire pressure could cause this? I looked at the display and front tires were 35 and rear at 31.

09turboLT

Reaction score
Is anything in the passenger seat? Sometimes when I have things in my passenger seat my car will chime because the seatbelt isn't in use. The light it shows for this is by the airbag light in middle console. It looks like a bell with a line through it and has the number 2 with it.

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Cobalt LS is sounding the warning chime but not displaying any woarnings on the dash. It occurs when the car goes from a stop and begins moving forward. I was wonderng if uneven tire pressure could cause this? I looked at the display and front tires were 35 and rear at 31.

Hi Mjdrsmnt,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry you're experiencing this issue with your vehicle. After researching my resources I found information in your Owner's Manual. These messages appear if there is a problem detected in one of your vehicle's systems. A message clears when the vehicle's condition is no longer present. To acknowledge a message and clear it from the display, press and hold any of the DIC buttons.

If the condition is still present, the warning message comes back on the next time the vehicle is turned off and back on. With most messages, a warning chime sounds when the message display.

To be on the safe side, I would contact the dealer if the problem persists.

Vanessa
GM Customer Service

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score

put two more psi in that 31 and see if that fixes it. the tire monitors do not constantly monitor the pressure but takes samplings. when the tire first begins to rotate it essentially "wakes them up".

Mjdrsmnt

Reaction score
Thanks Tuner923,

We went stright to the gas station and set all of the tires to 35 PSI and the chimes went away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie