Water leak on the passenger side.

duke8804

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and did not find anything that relates to my issue, so if i missed an article i apologize.

For the past two day i have had water (fairly sure did not smell like anything at all) leak onto the passenger side floor board. I have been thinking that it was the condensation drain being stopped up but i can not find it. If anyone can give my a detailed description or picture of its location then that will be the first thing i attempt to do. If it is not that does anyone else have an idea of why i would have water coming in to my car. Also when i turn left fairly sharp or quickly i can hear liquid moving around and then it pours into the floor board. I have not been able to find its location yet because it only happens when i turn left.

My car is a 2008 Cobalt ls 5 speed manual.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt this but give it a try...Only thing i can think of is the front plastic guard wheres the top of the hood meets the window....On either side inside the wheel well, there is a drain on top of each....its a little box hanging down, with a rubber flap...check and see if those are clogged.

Last edited:

duke8804

Reaction score
Checked that and it seemed to be clean. Was a little dirty but not clogged dirty.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dont know how water would get there...I have taken this car apart backwards and forwards and the only entry points I know how is there and the fire wall plug on the drivers foot well and the doors themselves...mmmm maybe some how its in the ac blower-> the round bucket like thing under the glove box....but you say the carpet is wet? where exactly?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess its condensation collecting on your A/C piping.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
enough to soak the carpet? I doubt it man.

Missed that part.....hmm....thats odd cause theres nothing else I can think of unless his heater core is busted but he said it didnt smell like anything.

duke8804

Reaction score
It seems like it is either leaking on to the round thing under the glove box or dripping from it. Next time i drive i am going to dry it off and see if water is coming from the round thing. Ya it does not smell like anything to me or my friend. And as far as i know everything else in the car has a smell or a color.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I also noticed that after leaving the car over night the water will not be there. But after i drive for awhile it will start to build up. The A/C is on the whole time as well. Want to test it with out the A/C but the past few days it has been between 95 and 100, so i need to do it at night.
Also when it starts to leak on to the floor it will make a sizzling noise like it is hitting something hot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie