what suspension do i have

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fe5's would be good. im am looking for a set myself.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

i forgot you drive an ion. im not sure if the suspension is the same on them.

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
chris talk to kyle, i believe there is some modding involved, BUT it is possible

i would high recommend progress or b&g, OR if you can find em, the sprint springs your friend is running.

but b&g springs are dif for ions and cobalts i believe by a coil or two

but its def a possible switch

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to let you kno...my FE5's blew after about 20k miles on sportlines

did you have ss/tc fe5?

yes it's doable to make the ss/tc setup work..

you just have to use your stock strut top mount... and if you want to use balt springs you have to get the cobalt spring perch

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have ss/tc fe5?

yes it's doable to make the ss/tc setup work..

you just have to use your stock strut top mount... and if you want to use balt springs you have to get the cobalt spring perch

yes but why bother when you can just buy the ion set up if he is set on B&G they make springs that will get him just as low as hail ceaser, but as far as the redline world goes... most people are sticking with eibach they ride nice and perform great... just an idea though

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

what springs are you running ionit?

Aikidoshadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes but why bother when you can just buy the ion set up if he is set on B&G they make springs that will get him just as low as hail ceaser, but as far as the redline world goes... most people are sticking with eibach they ride nice and perform great... just an idea though

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

what springs are you running ionit?

The SS/TC setup is very good and unless you plan on doing a lot of dampening adjustment then it would be better for a novice to tuning suspensions. Its also half the price of a set of coilovers. But If the OP wants to get dirty and learn to adjust his setup for his conditions, then by all means. I have Eibachs and plan to get the TC FE5 setup. I would have sprung for pedders springs, but I got the Eibachs dirt cheap.

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I would like to know what the price comes out to when he is done.... Im waiting on the megan coil overs to come out and thats probably what I will go with unless this proves to be cheaper

Cobalt_SSTuner

Reaction score
not that anybody prolly cares, but I've been rocking sportlines on my ss for 20k miles now and haven't had any issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie