Wheel offset Question

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well you're set then ahah.

Are you still on cut springs? and you can actually cut the stock springs and be ok if you do it right. If i ever flamed you about that, sorry, i was misinformed.

Still eating up axles? haha

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naw i'm on ground force fronts and progress rears now. it looks pretty good i'm gonna get spacers and see where that takes me. i don't mind the gap so much as long as it flows with the wheel. replaced the axles with ottp stage 1. honestly, the cut springs were a bad idea lol. i got pulled over for being too bouncy. hard to explain to a cop that you chopped your springs off.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahah, imagine trying to explain to a cop that doing donuts in a fwd car is impossible.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning to put on 17" Konig Trouble rims, and would like to offset these to make them closer to the fender.. how do I figure out the offset ? Thanks.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll need to find out your stock offset and wheel width, then going off the new wheel width determine how far out you want to move.

Example with completely made up numbers:
Stock 18x7 +42mm offset
Assume you have 20mm you want to move out
New wheels 17x7 +22mm

If the new wheels are wider you will need to figure half of that width into your figures.

If the new one is 17x8 that's an extra 25.4mm overall, so 12.7mm further out without changing the offset. To get the same appearance you'd need a wheel that's 17x8 +34mm offset.

None of this takes into account the tire width, those are measured at the tread not the sidewall. And they're all measured at different spots of the tread shoulder so one tire might fit and another might be shaving. Just something to keep in mind.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/infoWheelOffsets.do

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie