Where to route cables from dash to trunk? Cable length?

potus98

Reaction score
In a 2005 Chevy Cobalt LT with factory Pioneer system...

Question 1: What path would you suggest to run 5 RCA cables and 2 turn on leads from the dash to the trunk?

I have found existing wiring bundles that run down both sides of the car and pass into the trunk through rubber grommets. The bundles include wires for speakers, power windows, antenna (passenger side), sub woofer (driver side). Is one side of the car preferred? Will following these bundles risk noise?

Question 2: What length RCA cables should I buy? I think 12' or 14' might barely make it, but I would prefer the flexibility and safety of 20'. (ie: I will be really ticked if I come up 1' short!) Will 20' RCA cables encounter any problems with signal loss over such a long distance?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normally we use 17 or 18ft at the shop which ends up being to big for most cars. 16ft would probably be optimal 12ft wont make it and 14 maybe but doubt it.

Personally i would run the turn on leads on the driver side as well as the ground for the HU if your doing a 4 channel and the rcas down the passenger side

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
on my 4 channel amp i have the ground on the driverside, then i have the RCA's going under the carpet under the passenger seat. and then of course the power is on the right side. then my speaker wire runs up under the carpet and seat of the driver side

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie