Which is better: TC or SC

kellogs666

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a Cobalt, not sure if I should go for an older SS/SC model, or spend a bit more and buy a SC/TC.

Cost isn't a problem for me, so other than that, what exactly are the pros/cons to each one. I'm not exactly a track person, just looking for a car to race around town. :think:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would. power, handleing wise its a bit better larger sway bars. fuel efficiency seems better. plus you would be hard to find a ss/sc new

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, the 08+ SS's are a better starting platform. More power from the get-go. Better Suspension. Better Braking. Better Seats. Smarter ECU.

You can get an 05-07 SS fairly cheaply and modify it to be better than an 08+. The 08+'s also have a few limiting factors, mostly dealing with the DI system.

It all really depends on your ultimate goals and intentions for the car.

kellogs666

Reaction score
Overall, the 08+ SS's are a better starting platform. More power from the get-go. Better Suspension. Better Braking. Better Seats. Smarter ECU.

You can get an 05-07 SS fairly cheaply and modify it to be better than an 08+. The 08+'s also have a few limiting factors, mostly dealing with the DI system.

That makes sense, I'm just looking to make it a fun car to drive.
If it comes down to it, I'd probably buy an 05-07 for 5-6k cheaper and use that extra money to make it better than the 08-10

At this point I'm just trying to find the major differences between the Turbo and the Supercharger, which would be better to have in the long run, etc.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, I'm just looking to make it a fun car to drive.
If it comes down to it, I'd probably buy an 05-07 for 5-6k cheaper and use that extra money to make it better than the 08-10

At this point I'm just trying to find the major differences between the Turbo and the Supercharger, which would be better to have in the long run, etc.

Different people have different views on what a "fun car" is... so that doesn't really help in this situation.

superchargers need alot of supporting mods to make big power

That's why its easier/better/cheaper to just remove the supercharger. ;)

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score

not a limiting factor any longer... :rofl:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais