Wiring Help Please?

rhann123

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Pioneer DEH-4400HD for my 05 Cobalt LS. After looking behind the stock radio and my new one, their harness's are completely different and the instructions that came with the radio tell me nothing on how to hook it up. I have no idea where to start, any help would be great! Thank you!

donnkesterjr

Reaction score
After you get the above, plug the factory harness ito that, and then use terminal butt connectors to crimp the appropriate wire from the Metra to the aftermarket radio harness.

(i.e. the Metra ground wire is black, and the new radio harness ground wire is black, use a butt connector & crimp them together. Repeat for Left Front, Left Rear, 12V, etc.)

rhann123

Reaction score
Thanks to each and every one of you! This is such a big help and makes a lot more sense now!..lol

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

other then red. do not connect anything to the metra red harness ever

What do you mean other than red? The person above just said to connect everything.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right and in our cars we dont have acc the radio runs off of GM LAN data on that wire. it will not only not work if u jsut connect it but can cause issues. so u have to run a wire to the fuse box and bypass the factory wiring for the red acc wire

rhann123

Reaction score
right and in our cars we dont have acc the radio runs off of GM LAN data on that wire. it will not only not work if u jsut connect it but can cause issues. so u have to run a wire to the fuse box and bypass the factory wiring for the red acc wire

You've lost me.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol as i thouhgt... just dont hook up the red wire from the pioneer harness to the metra harness. it wont work. you need to run the red wire from the pioneer harness to the fusebox for it to work

rhann123

Reaction score
lol as i thouhgt... just dont hook up the red wire from the pioneer harness to the metra harness. it wont work. you need to run the red wire from the pioneer harness to the fusebox for it to work

Okay, Now I can understand that!..lol.. Now where would I hook the red wire to in the fusebox?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any fuse that turns on and off in the car you will need to test but generally the sunroof or wiper fuse works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais