Wiring

itsyourcaller

Reaction score
So, I got really impatient, and did a direct rewire ( cut the wires in the 24 pin connector) on my 2005 Cobalt ls coupe.. Well, let’s just say. I F’ed up.Can someone help me do this thing. Please

I have no exprience with wiring. Just followed a wiring diagram on the net.. I’m thinking that I have to buy a light tester to find the right wire.

Last edited:

five7man

Reaction score
When repinning a connector, it is best to relocate 1 wire at a time to avoid putting the wrong wire in the wrong location on the connector.
That being said, I assume you mislocated a wire or wires.

If it were me trying to sort this mess out, I would get a high impedence multimeter and do a resistance check on each individual wire from the 24 pin connector to whatever sensor connector that wire is supposed to go to.
You will need a good wiring schematic.
Yes, this will be a very long and involved process but it is the only true way I know of to be sure each wire from that 24 pin connector is going to the correct position on each individual sensor connector.
Be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable before starting this process.

If you cut all the wires at the same time, you might have gotten wires that were the same color mixed up.
You might want to start with those.

itsyourcaller

Reaction score
Hey 57man,

Woudn’t it be easier to just directly wire the stereo to the car. I just need to find the accessory wire so that the stereo doesn’t drain yge battery. Do you have a good source for direct wiring or do you advice againts it?

five7man

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I assumed you were wiring a ECM / PCM connector.
Totally missed you were wiring a stereo.
Its your vehicle and you can wire it however you wish.
If you do direct wire it, be sure the power wires are fused near where you tap into the power source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais