Wtf?!!!

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, heres the deal. i got my car tuned by vince, everything was fine and dandy, idle AFRs read around 14.7, WOT AFRs read around 11.7, then all of sudden out the blue my car starts going into the 10s!!! what the **** is this shit? i took a log and sent it to vince, he said my MAF is showing variations in the air flow. so im like alright, ima check and make sure theres no abnormal bends in my pipes. well i relocated my BOV to right after the turbo so that i will have less couplers on my cold side. so now its my MAF sensor and a straight pipe that goes down to the IC, and i tightened down my wastegate as vince said it could be from that as well. well no luck, still in the damn 10s. anyone have any suggestions? i know it cant be the tune cause as i said before, everything was fine. any input is highly appreciated, thanks

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive tried cleaning it out. im gettin a shit ton of knock. so im gonna try puttin my stock tranny mounts back in and hopefully thatll fix it

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Have you noticed a drop in boost?

actually, yes im noticing a drop in boost. im not boostin as much as i used to

n0xid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be intake manifold gasket, mounts won't change anything. Also look for loose charge piping or a cracked intercooler, might be easier to use a charge pipe pressure tester. If your getting a shit ton of knock stay out of boost lol

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be intake manifold gasket, mounts won't change anything. Also look for loose charge piping or a cracked intercooler, might be easier to use a charge pipe pressure tester. If your getting a shit ton of knock stay out of boost lol

mounts can cause false knock.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

funny thing is we have the exact opposite issue. my car went super lean from wut it was at previously.

i had it at 11.4-11.5 at wot and it was at 11.9-12.1

being that my car isnt built i dont want it like that at all.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually, yes im noticing a drop in boost. im not boostin as much as i used to

Check your Turbo Bolts... where your turbo bolts to the manifold. I had this problem once before... my turbo bolts were backing out. Exhaust leak somewhere.

It wouldn't be from the Intake Manifold, as someone said above. Its something Pre-MAF.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by knock? timing knock retard or engine knock? 10:1 is not necessarily a bad afr but i see what you're saying. sounds like you got a leak somewhere. with these boosted cars, the maf will read differently even if its before or after the sensor. works a little like how backpressure will increase manifold pressure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noland1953