yellow leak?

jordandes

Reaction score
So, I noticed a yellow leak under my car today
its pretty fluorescent in the snow, and its really hard to tell where its coming from because its so wet here.

most of the google responses said either antifreeze or animal piss, but a) I havent gotten any low coolant messages or anything on my DIC. (temp is at 80something degrees) and b) my coolant looks purple.

any ideas?

(ps, im positive its not animal piss, lol.)

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only fluid that is fluorescent on our cars... is the A/C Refrigerant (R-134a, iirc). Its Neon Green.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only fluid that is fluorescent on our cars... is the A/C Refrigerant (R-134a, iirc). Its Neon Green.

^I'll guess this. Only because every other fluid isn't the color you are describing.

Oil= gold-black (depending on engine wear)
antifreeze= orange (dexcool) can use regular which is fluorescent green but you said yours isn't
brake/clutch fluid= red (DOT requirement)
washer fluid= just about any color from blue to green to orange, never seen yellow
fuel= well if you cant figure out that its fuel you have issues

bmichel

Reaction score
Same thing on my 07 G5! seems like its coming from the middle of the car, half way between the front and rear wheels?????? haven't been under to look for it yet, but it seems kind of wierd! and it's not all of the time either.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing on my 07 G5! seems like its coming from the middle of the car, half way between the front and rear wheels?????? haven't been under to look for it yet, but it seems kind of wierd! and it's not all of the time either.

The only thing running through the middle of the car... is Fuel and Brake Fluid. Either one would be bad news.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais