ZZP What's Your Experience With Them???

Mo Parz

Reaction score
Hi folks!!

I've been briefly in contact with ZZ Performance concerning a full exhaust system and air inlet pipe. Can't seem to get any more info than what is listed on their website.

Just wondering if any here have bought the 2.5" DP with cat. conv. and was it a complete "bolt-on"??

None of the various manufacturers/sellers of the "cat back" systems mention a tubing thickness??? Most sell a T304 stainless, are all the same?? I would guess not.

Does ZZP make their own products or are they just distributors??

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zzp is a great company. i bought my first DP through them. yes it was 2.5 and catted with flanges that bolted up fine to stock exhaust. i recently bought a new DP from them without a cat and same thing. they make a few things themselves but a lot of their products are made by other companies too.

Mo Parz

Reaction score
zzp is a great company.

I certainly hope so. Just ordered my LE5 air intake pipe to test the waters and see how that works out.

Got what is similar, or same as, a shorty badmab header off of Ebay last week. I'm hoping the zzp 2.5 DP w/cat bolts up to it. Getting that next.

Thanks!

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as the header is a shorty, it will bolt right up. i've bought 2 downpipes from zzp and they both fit perfectly. do you know what kind of steel that header was made of? i suggest you wait to install the header until you get the downpipe

Mo Parz

Reaction score
do you know what kind of steel that header was made of? i suggest you wait to install the header until you get the downpipe

It's a stainless one. Looks pretty nice! Good welds, thick plates, decent tubing thickness. Sweet deal for $110 delivered.

Yeah, I'm "kitting" the exhaust system together now in a corner of my basement. Since there's 289 views and nothing negative, yet, I'll make that call to get a DP and catback system in a week or two. No hurry, car runs great.

ZZP is in MI and that's where I live, so I'll do my business local the economy here sure needs it.

The really cheap catback system on Ebay says it is a 2" or has a "2.5" inlet" (which means tapers down to a 2" most likely).

So, that leaves me to upgrade to a Megan, Tsudo or ZZP and I like the idea of dealing with one supplier.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson