06 2.2 cai

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, well im looking to get a cheap cai, but there is no cheap cai for the 2.2 . I was going to go the whole spectre route, but they didnt have the right MAF adapter.

I was wondering, if i ordered the 2.0 cai off ebay for like 40 bucks, wouldnt that still work ? the MAF adapter looks the same, but im not really sure .

does anybody know something about this ?

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope it wot work due to us having a 2.5 or 2.75" maf and they have a 3" i had the spectre for a while till i got tuned for a 3"

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope it wot work due to us having a 2.5 or 2.75" maf and they have a 3" i had the spectre for a while till i got tuned for a 3"

you wouldnt happen to still have it would you ?

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

where did you get the adapter at for the MAF ?

i just dont understand how the cobalt SS' cai is like 40 bucks. and the cheapest 2.2 cai is over 200... thats rediculous .

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SS CAI for 40?!? What is that a bolt on MAF adapter with no clamps or hoses? Grab a CAI off ebay, thats what Cobalt Tom has, its just as good as the AEM CAI I had on my 2.2

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you think about spectre intakes ?

If you know what your doing and do it right, they're a fair deal. I'm not too sure about how good the Spectre filter is though. I'd go with a K&N cone filter if it would fit. I'll let the expert's chime in on that one. I'm betting it would be real close in performance to any other more expensive intake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso