07 Cobalt won't start

jtaiii

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. After leaving my car parked for a week while on vacation, I come home to find it won't start. I assumed it was the battery and promptly replaced it with a brand new one. Still no luck. It won't turn over and the starter doesn't sound like it's engaging either. I've tried tapping the starter, but it doesn't have any effect.

I've checked all the fuses and relays under the hood and in the car. All lights and electronics in the car come on with the switch. I can hear the fuel pump running. The check engine light is the only light that stays on when I attempt to start the car.

The ignition switch and fuel pump have been replaced per recall. Also, I can't get the car out of park so I can't get it to a shop to have it looked at. With the switch on, I can hear the click under the dash when I try to shift out of park.

I've searched some of the forums, but haven't found anyone with the same circumstances. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So it won't shift out of Park while on and pressing the brake pedal? I want to say there's a release near the shifter to eliminate the lockout temporarily, but I haven't owned an auto so I couldn't tell you.

jtaiii

Reaction score
All my troubles were caused by a squirrel. Apparently, the little critter got in the engine bay and chewed on the wiring harness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso