2005 Cobalt LS, Wiring Amplifier to a stock radio.

Fybae

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Chevy Cobalt LS, completely stock radio, I don't have the Pioneer System, I don't have On-Star. I have a 12 Inch Rockford Fosgate P3 Subwoofer, Sony Xplode Amplifier, and an 8 Gauge wiring Kit. I need to connect a Hi-Lo converter to the rear speakers, and need to connect the remote wire to the back of my stock radio. I have this wiring diagram below, and I'm wondering if I can connect a wire to the "Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Pink" and wire it back to the Sony Xplode amp as my remote wire. Can this be done? Also, how do I connect the hi-lo converter to the rear speakers? Do I have to connect it to one, to both, to the tinsel, I'm really lost?

themeanmarine83

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Chevy Cobalt LS, completely stock radio, I don't have the Pioneer System, I don't have On-Star. I have a 12 Inch Rockford Fosgate P3 Subwoofer, Sony Xplode Amplifier, and an 8 Gauge wiring Kit. I need to connect a Hi-Lo converter to the rear speakers, and need to connect the remote wire to the back of my stock radio. I have this wiring diagram below, and I'm wondering if I can connect a wire to the "Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Pink" and wire it back to the Sony Xplode amp as my remote wire. Can this be done? Also, how do I connect the hi-lo converter to the rear speakers? Do I have to connect it to one, to both, to the tinsel, I'm really lost?

well, this is actually a bit easier than it may seem. what you can do for the remote wire is just tap into a fuse in the fuse box on the passenger side of the console. just find a fuse that has power when the ignition is on and off when it is not. for the HI/LO converter, you should tap into both rear speakers. all you have to do is splice into the speaker wire going to the speakers. then just find a nice, neat way to run the wire to the converter. then all you need to do is run the RCA cable from the converter to the amp. before you add the sub, i would tune the speakers without the extra bass. this way once you add the sub, you will have a system that will sound pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup