4 questions! help!

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
WRONG!!! I did not take my springs back out to cut the bumpstops.Lift the car in the air,move the dust boot and youll be able to move the bumpstop out of the boot and cut it with tool of choice.tis how I did mine

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WRONG!!! I did not take my springs back out to cut the bumpstops.Lift the car in the air,move the dust boot and youll be able to move the bumpstop out of the boot and cut it with tool of choice.tis how I did mine

Is this with the front?!

The reason I dont wanna take the springs off is because I just got an alignment yesterday. 85 dollars!

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes with the front.still typing hold on

when lifted in the air you can move the boot around.You are able to push the bumpstop out through the boot and I used a big pair of wire cutters to cut them while they were still around the strut.Disassembly is NOT required to cut the bumpstops

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes with the front.still typing hold on

when lifted in the air you can move the boot around.You are able to push the bumpstop out through the boot and I used a big pair of wire cutters to cut them while they were still around the strut.Disassembly is NOT required to cut the bumpstops

Thank you! I knew there was a way somehow.
The boot is the thing covering the bump stop in the front, correct? Plastic?

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yup the black plastic sleeve.The bumpstop seats in there but you can pop it out and move it down.I did the same thing you did.Got all antzy in my pantzy and forgot to cut them so Thats how I did it.

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup the black plastic sleeve.The bumpstop seats in there but you can pop it out and move it down.I did the same thing you did.Got all antzy in my pantzy and forgot to cut them so Thats how I did it.

Sweet, big help! Preciate it man!

Ill be sure to cut them.
And the rear, you can just see the bump stop as you jack the car up?
Even easier right?

How did you measure cutting the bump stops? Rough estimate?

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just cut them in half.I sit alot lower then any spring offers so I had to cut mine more than usual :D

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AH didn't know that, I left my front alone :p haven't bottom'd out yet. Just cut the rears s'all I did :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts