Alternator Help

vypr

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here. But ive recently purchased a High Output alternator for my Chevy Cobalt 2007 2.2L LS. Caould someone please assist me in telling me the easiest way to replace the alternator?. Also ive bought a 1/0 wire grommet for the firewall, is there an place in the firewall that I can drill a hole for the grommet. If its easier is there a place to just sneak it through the firewall where other wires go through. Ive never changed an alternator on a colbalt before, so any help is appreciated. I think the easiest way to start is to remove the front passenger tire and the splash guard. Please Help.

Thanks

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the alternator is easiest done from up top, no need to remove the wheel or splash gaurd. and what are you using the 1/0 wire grommet for?

vypr

Reaction score
For my audio system I am using 1/0. I found the hole for the wire. But I have another problem. The alternator I bought for my car that was said to fit. does not. it does not have the correct connector for the PCM. That just ruined my night. I have to call Dc power tommorrow to work something out.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i may have been the greatest person to ask about audio but i've never heard of any audio connection needing to be connected to the alternator only the battery. and in that case our battery is in the trunk of the vehicle and there is no need to route a wire through the firewall.

n0xid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's upgrading the stock wiring to flow more current to the battery from the new alternator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup