Bucking and stalls

Sean

Reaction score
At first my car would buck on me once every few days, and the engine light would come on every third or fourth time it would do it. Now it always bucks on me, sometimes stalls when driving or at a stop light, and has trouble starting after a stall. Often after about 5- 10 minutes of this the tachometer will die and then it runs fine with no bucks, stalls or loss of power. Had the codes read;

P0102 MAP sensor
P0113 IAT intake air temp sensor (may have been from me poking around)
P0341 cam shaft position sensor
P0336 Crankshaft position sensor
P0335 crank shaft position sensor
P0420 oxygen sensor
P0507 iac circuit engine speed not in expected range

Any ideas on what s wrong?

Sean

Reaction score
Cleared codes on computer, P0335 popped back up after about 20 minutes, same symptoms. Pulled off intake too try and find the map sensor and crankshaft sensor and found that the inside of the intake had a thin layer of jet black slightly wet hydrocarbons. Will pull the plugs next to see if one of my coils is bad and replace the crank sensor.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you need a new map, new maf, new cam positioning sensor, new crankshaft positioner sensor, new o2 sensor.

i would personally just try replacing the crank sensor first because that could potentially spark all those codes itself

Sean

Reaction score
Replaced plugs yesterday, very even color/ wear on all, they looked fine. No effect same symptoms. Replaced crank shaft position sensor and everything is fine now. Had the ecm through out another p0420 today, likely from hydrocarbon build up in the intake/ exhaust system from running with bad timing. Cleared that code, if she doesn't clean herself out in a week or two I will look into fixing that also. I was kind of surprised my problem was with that sensor, i figured that if it failed my car would not start, it must have been thermally triggered or something.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a spare used 02 sensor if you wanna try that. the crank sensor can throw multiple things due to that being the primary sensor of the engine. i would suggest going to a shop and getting a crank relearn done though... if they want to charge you 30 minutes labor, tell them to f*** off because it literally only takes 5 minutes to do. 1/12 of $110 labor is basically 10 dollars it should cost. i had a relearn done and it literally took about 2 minutes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plea

Latest posts