Buzzing Noise (08 LS)

Boxxerz

Reaction score
There is a noise coming form what sounds like the front passenger side engine area.
-This noise sounds like a LARGE bee buzzing;

- This noise can ONLY be heard when pressing the gas pedle while driving
-- Giving it gas while in park will NOT produce the noise
-- Letting off the gas while driving STOPS the noise

I have basic knowledge of cars and have just recently (past year or two) started working on my car myself and am trying to keep everything running for as long as possible! (currently 119.2k miles)

My first thought was a wheel bearing or suspension or something was loose or rattling.. However, the only time it can be heard is when you're giving it gas. So I started to think maybe it was an exhaust problem, but if I put it park and try to feed it gas even at 4000RPMS you cannot hear the noise. So I'm as a loss..

Last weekend the noise amplified while I was on accelerating on a highway on ramp. Now when you speed up it almost sounds like a hose popped off and is flopping around when you hit high enough RPMS, but if this was the case, why can you not hear it while in park?

ANY info on what you think it could be, or where/what I should check would be GREATLY appreciated!

-T

Boxxerz

Reaction score
There is a noise coming form what sounds like the front passenger side engine area.
-This noise sounds like a LARGE bee buzzing;

- This noise can ONLY be heard when pressing the gas pedle while driving
-- Giving it gas while in park will NOT produce the noise
-- Letting off the gas while driving STOPS the noise

I have basic knowledge of cars and have just recently (past year or two) started working on my car myself and am trying to keep everything running for as long as possible! (currently 119.2k miles)

My first thought was a wheel bearing or suspension or something was loose or rattling.. However, the only time it can be heard is when you're giving it gas. So I started to think maybe it was an exhaust problem, but if I put it park and try to feed it gas even at 4000RPMS you cannot hear the noise. So I'm as a loss..

Last weekend the noise amplified while I was on accelerating on a highway on ramp. Now when you speed up it almost sounds like a hose popped off and is flopping around when you hit high enough RPMS, but if this was the case, why can you not hear it while in park?

ANY info on what you think it could be, or where/what I should check would be GREATLY appreciated!

-T

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts