Camshaft Actuator Solenoid Circuit Engine Code

kaikallio

Reaction score
I had an engine code pop up that was for the "Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve Control Circuit(P0010)." I just changed my oil yesterday but the mechanic said that wouldn't cause it. He said it was just one of two Circuits on top of the engine causing it and that all I would have to do is pop new ones in and it would go away. Anyone ever experience this and have any fixes? I drive a 2010 base model Cobalt.

dillonhome

Reaction score
I also have a P0010 and a P0013 code for the Intake and Exhaust CMP Actuator Solenoid CKTS. Dealer said that they were both open and could fix for $350.00. I think that both solenoids going bad may mean something else is causing this problem. Does not seem to have any effect on performance. 2009 Cobalt LT 2.2L Engine. Anybody else have this or experienced this issue.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Get em both off Amazon, it's a lot cheaper than the dealership.

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a P0010 and a P0013 code for the Intake and Exhaust CMP Actuator Solenoid CKTS. Dealer said that they were both open and could fix for $350.00. I think that both solenoids going bad may mean something else is causing this problem. Does not seem to have any effect on performance. 2009 Cobalt LT 2.2L Engine. Anybody else have this or experienced this issue.

Hi dillonhome,

I’m really sorry to hear that you have been seeing these codes with your Cobalt. I know that you are looking for feedback here on the forum and I see that you've already been to your dealer. However, we’d be happy to communicate with your dealer if you would like that extra support. Don’t hesitate to send us a private message should have any questions or need our assistance!

Sincerely,

Shane M.
GM Customer Care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso