Can someone give me some insight?

nixonthekat

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone has had a good week, I own a 06 Cobalt LT coupe that i'm in love with. My first manual car and i've been treating it like my child ever since.

0vKF28K.jpg

1st Question
I was driving out in the country maybe doing around 70-80 km/hr and I felt this weird jolt or fidget from the front end of the car (most likely the engine) but the car, power, acceleration were still working fine. No CEL came on. I did a little research some people were talking about the same issue and recommended the "coil pack" be replaced? The car has never stalled or gotten out of the ordinary rpm drops.

2nd Question
Doing about 105/110 km/hr and it's pretty windy here in Canada and snowy but the highway's are pretty clear here and my car was being pushed around the road like no other, anyone else ever experienced this? Just got all my tires replaced last summer and the weather stripping on my car seems to be in good shape the wind just shoves the whole car while everyone else's car on the road seems to be operating fine?

If anyone could give a guess to what's causing either of those two or having experienced the same thing, would be super awesome :)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To your first Q: Your plugs probably need changed. When's the last tune they were changed?

2nd Q: That's pretty normal for crosswinds at that speed actually. Are you running summer tires in the winter? What's the temp up there?

nixonthekat

Reaction score
To your first Q: Your plugs probably need changed. When's the last tune they were changed?

2nd Q: That's pretty normal for crosswinds at that speed actually. Are you running summer tires in the winter? What's the temp up there?

You're literally the go-to-reply guy on here haha.

Not sure, I got the car used from a dealership roughly about a year ago. It's probably best I do them now. If I still get the odd pulse i'll look at replacing the coil pack.

As for the tires i'm not sure. When I got the car the tires were cracked to shit .. so I bought some used all seasons but I was getting pushed around rapidly it was nuts. I thought it was either weather stripping or the plastic wheel well covers.

nixonthekat

Reaction score
* Update *

Just changed the spark plugs, before I got the new plugs my car barely wanted to start, it's about -14 Celsius here so its not normal for it to struggle starting at that temperature.

However, replacing the spark plugs fixed the starting issue and the car slips into 2nd easier now.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet. I think you can replace just the control module on top of the coil pack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup