cant decide on suspension.

raisinbran88

Reaction score
how bout that ride in....must be why they call it sin city....hehe.

but seriously i cant decide what to do with my suspension. I want to get coilovers but dont really have the patience to wait to save up and get them sooo ima just get springs. only problem is that the more i read about them, i keep hearing about problems, like stuff breaking because the car is sitting too low and interfering with the way the car is supposed to handle as if it were stock. i have been eyeballin either some B&G S2's, or some sportlines, but i cant decide. if anybody has either of these your feedback would be awesome. im just wondering if ill run into any problems, and also wondering about ride quality/scraping/rubbing....pretty much anything. im driving an 09 sedan SS, so anybody that can help, PLEASE HELP.

thx

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ARK springs on an 08 LS...almost the same as sportlines. Compared to stock the ride is fairly stiff, at low speeds you can feel every bump, but after you speed up around 50+ it smooths out. Handling is 10X better. The only thing I dont like is that the back sits about .375"-.500" lower than the front.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
how bout that ride in....must be why they call it sin city....hehe.

but seriously i cant decide what to do with my suspension. I want to get coilovers but dont really have the patience to wait to save up and get them sooo ima just get springs. only problem is that the more i read about them, i keep hearing about problems, like stuff breaking because the car is sitting too low and interfering with the way the car is supposed to handle as if it were stock. i have been eyeballin either some B&G S2's, or some sportlines, but i cant decide. if anybody has either of these your feedback would be awesome. im just wondering if ill run into any problems, and also wondering about ride quality/scraping/rubbing....pretty much anything. im driving an 09 sedan SS, so anybody that can help, PLEASE HELP.

thx

i wouldn't do coilovers, honestly, here is what i'm planning to do for a "track suspension". Some lowering springs and a bigger rear swaybar. The swaybar is from "OTTP" and i'm getting their track bar, the springs are from "pedder" and I have heard nothing but good things about turbo cobalt and pedder springs combined with a bigger rear swaybar. If u want to save some coin do the pedder springs with the OTTP swaybar and let us know how u feel about the suspension after that. If at that point your still unhappy u can always sell me the springs and buy coilovers but I have been hearing that coilovers on the turbo cobalt are not a big improvement at all.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't do coilovers, honestly, here is what i'm planning to do for a "track suspension". Some lowering springs and a bigger rear swaybar. The swaybar is from "OTTP" and i'm getting their track bar, the springs are from "pedder" and I have heard nothing but good things about turbo cobalt and pedder springs combined with a bigger rear swaybar. If u want to save some coin do the pedder springs with the OTTP swaybar and let us know how u feel about the suspension after that. If at that point your still unhappy u can always sell me the springs and buy coilovers but I have been hearing that coilovers on the turbo cobalt are not a big improvement at all.

the more i read around, this seems to be the best bet^

pedder springs W/ ss/tc struts and shocks and no doubt the ottp street/hardcore bar

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
the more i read around, this seems to be the best bet^

pedder springs W/ ss/tc struts and shocks and no doubt the ottp street/hardcore bar

struts/shocks are the same thing :p rite?

I personally can't wait to get that setup on my ss/tc, corners at faster speeds will be stupid amounts of fun lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts