cobalt quitting

myoung2315

Reaction score
I have an 06 ls cobalt that wants to quit when you come to a stop. Sometimes it quits and other times it seems like the motor bogs down some. When it quits it will start right up. Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So like as soon as you coming to a stop. Letting off gas it dies on you. Do you have the check engine light on? Sounds like you have a cam/crank sensor issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

myoung2315

Reaction score
Yea coming to a stop is when it does it. It doesnt happen when I'm goin regular speeds. I had to replace my jeeps crank sensor cuz it would quit whenever and would be hard to start sfter it would quit. Every now and then my cobalt turns over longer than usual to start.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

And no ther

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it. Try to get a scan on the ecm done. And records the codes. Usually auto zone does free scans. That way we know somewhat what is going on with your car. Update us

ramon

Reaction score
Any codes? Or better yet check engine light on?

Out of curiousity. What does the oil level or change have to do with car stalling or not starting?

Is there a low oil level inhibit sensor on the Cobalt?

I hope you oil is never getting that low for a sensor to go off, otherwise you have bigger issues.

R

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your air filter. It may need a changing . Causing it to restrict air to the engine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plea

Latest posts