Constant 12v Source in Engine compartment?

Klotza1

Reaction score
Is there any way to get a 12v connection to the battery in the engine compartment? I know the battery is in the trunk. I also know there is a extension that sticks up near the fuse box that can be used to jump start the car but it doesn't seem to be outputting any energy when I touch wires to it. Is that not what it's used for? Thanks!

Klotza1

Reaction score
Just realized that tapping into a fuse may work. Any ideas for which fuse to check out? I don't need accessory power. I need the full constant 12v. My car is a 2006 4dr LS

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The fusebox under the hood has a ton of constant 12v power going to it. That jumper post should have 12v all the time and is the easiest to use. Did you test it with a multimeter or lightblub?

Klotza1

Reaction score
I don't own MM and I'm pretty ignorant to all this stuff. When i tried to hook up the pole was larger than the connector so I just electric taped it to it and got no power. I sorta just asumed it wasn't going to work.(probably not smart) It had a hoop connector. Should I just cut that and use the wire? Will that give power?

Thanks for replying!

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a ring terminal, you can just unscrew the pole with a 10mm and put it on the stud underneath. Should get you 12v.

If you don't have a MM, how are you determining that you don't have any power at that pole?

Klotza1

Reaction score
I did not know that piece unscrewed and came up. Thank you for the help friend.:)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing. Mind you don't screw that back on too hard. It's only held into plastic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup

Latest posts