Craziest thing..

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its possible that the amp is backfeeding into the fuse block keeping it powered up after you turn it off until the capacitors run out of juice.My s-10 did that.just have to move your remote wire to something like the sunroof or something

yea i get that part, i'm wondering if i can trouble shoot why the amp is sending feed back to the fuse box

Black_Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked my remote wire to the brown acc wire under steering column so that way u can put a switch on it as well to turn ur amp on and off as u please haven't haf a single problem and its been hooked that way for about 2yrs now

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my adv what my friend did was put it on his fog light fuze so everytime the fogs are on he has boom no fogs no boom. might come in handy on post for you

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An amp should never backfeed into a remote wire period, if it does then its got internal failure. Futher to that the remote wire should be wired to the deck not a fuse block unless there is a reason for it. Using a proper fuse tap like bussman's BP/HHH is the safest and best means of tapping into a fuse block. I would never run a remote wire into ign source unless it had a blocking diode or a fuse in it to protect that circuit, you can burn up wires pretty easily if they are not protected and if the amp is feeding back into the remote wire that wire is not protected nor is whatever it is hooking into including the harness you tied into. I would be checking into the remote wire make sure it can not touch of the + feed wire for the amp and that they are well seperated. Fuse that wire at the amp if its going to be an issue with an inline fuse soldered in place and a 5 amp fuse.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An amp should never backfeed into a remote wire period, if it does then its got internal failure. Futher to that the remote wire should be wired to the deck not a fuse block unless there is a reason for it. Using a proper fuse tap like bussman's BP/HHH is the safest and best means of tapping into a fuse block. I would never run a remote wire into ign source unless it had a blocking diode or a fuse in it to protect that circuit, you can burn up wires pretty easily if they are not protected and if the amp is feeding back into the remote wire that wire is not protected nor is whatever it is hooking into including the harness you tied into. I would be checking into the remote wire make sure it can not touch of the + feed wire for the amp and that they are well seperated. Fuse that wire at the amp if its going to be an issue with an inline fuse soldered in place and a 5 amp fuse.

I was hoping you were going to reply to this! this guy is awesome. he really knows his shit. i vote newfiedan for audio/video/stereo mod :hands:

i would ultimately like to have the remote wire connected into the back of the deck. but only have the stock h/u not sure how to remove it or to wire it to switch on the amp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso