cruise control deactivates ?

Cobalt86

Reaction score
I have noticed a problem with my 06' LT lately when i have my cruise engaged and i hit a bump or pothole the cruise shuts off. I have also noticed an increase in noise from my front end when hitting bumps or driving up/down curbs(almost sounds like something is loose like strut or spring or something) Any ideas?

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
im not to sure about the cruise situation, but the clunk from the front end is more than likely your swaybar endlinks or your control arm bushings.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the brake or clutch pedal possibly moving? Might be those sensors being really sensitive.

DJ-rb

Reaction score
If your vehicle is equipped with Traction Control it will interrupt cruise control if you break traction...could be it...happens to me all the time in the rain in the interstate, probably saves my life each time lol

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your vehicle is equipped with Traction Control it will interrupt cruise control if you break traction...could be it...happens to me all the time in the rain in the interstate, probably saves my life each time lol
Cruise Control + Rain = Crashes

Don't use your cruise control in the rain, I did and put my car into the ditch backwards on the side of the freeway. Got lucky and the car wasn't really damaged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts