Ebiach Springs (jk lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, mom is buggin me about saving money and I only have a few hundred bucks for spending money..might wait a few weeks n if she still has em then ill get em.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just do em yourself brit, seriously easy. Would be a shame to take a loss on the springs you wanted just because they've been sitting in your trunk.

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the thing is.. the back two springs have the struts on them. totally clueless. and i would follow the "how to" on spring installation but i know nothing about putting struts on. and 06cobaltls says a few weeks.. might end up putting them on and just spending the day on them this weekend.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

It's cuz the stinking weekends

how long you think id take? come to tyler during the week and ill give you money for gas?!

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Btw the ones with the struts goes in the front and if your going to use the struts this will be even easier

I may be coming to Tyler soon anyways for a funeral

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh.. yea. didnt know that. so your Jorden friend is awol. ?hmm yea. let me know when your in tyler. ill alter my schedule so we can get this done! thanks bryan!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn I didn't realize you had the whole struts assembled for the front, you can seriously do this in....under an hour by yourself by braille.
Jack front of car at the center of the lower radiator support, support with jack stands, remove front left wheel, disconnect ABS sensor near lower strut bolts, remove nuts from lower strut bolts and swaybar connecting rod nut, support lower steering knuckle pivot point with jack lightly, use BFH to remove both lower strut bolts, ensure steering knuckle doesn't fall away from motor, remove 3 top strut nuts, remove strut. Reassemble in reverse order and repeat on right side. Drop front of car.

Jack rear of car by torsion bar, support rear of car at swingarm attachment points, remove top shock bolt on both sides, pull swing arm down slightly until you can pull springs out, install new springs, put shock bolt back in, drop car.

Cake :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso