Error code P0446 Evap emission control

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Black_Dub, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Black_Dub

Black_Dub Full Access Member

ok guys so recently my engine light came on for this problem (P0446) Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit... additionally i cant seem to pump more that about $.35 worth of fuel at a time before the pump shuts off... i took it to the dealer explained the problem and they told me it was 1 of 2 things my vent solenoid (which i replaced) or my charcoal canister located in by my gas tank( which that i also had replaced) and yet again the light came on, hell i even replaced the gas cap. Im completely lost and im gonna be relocating here soon and i really dont have time to keep playing with the dealer with no progress. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

Different dealer is in order. I don't know enough about the evap system to be of any help.

3. Black_Dub

I replaced my purge valve solenoid located under the hood on the drivers side and so far after having the light reset it hasn't come back on...def will keep u guys updated cuz it can get costly trying to figure out which part is defective when it comes to the Evap system...hopefully lesson learned...

4. Black_Dub

Light is on again...too the point now of just saying screw it...Seem to stay off long this go round with replacing the purge valve ...I see I'll probably end up replacing my fuel pump and all that crap ....maybe...if it doesn't drive me to get rid of it first

5. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

Found a bulletin about your DTC:

6. Black_Dub

Thanks a lot I'm def gonna check in this...much appreciated

7. exsunfire

exsunfire Junior Member

slow fill?

Did clearing the vent pipe help? I have an 06 Cobalt with a chk eng light on & slow re-fueling

Thx