Gear selector light problem

wv82

Reaction score
Got a 2006 cobalt LS automatic,was going to change the gear selector light bulb and it broke off in the socket down at the bottom where it makes contact of all places to break.I have tried everything and the it wont come out anybody have any suggestions on how to get it out?Thanks

wv82

Reaction score
Tried that and the socket is too small to get the pliers open it just kinda mashed the glass down in further i have tried everything i know of might just have to do without a light in there thanks though for the response.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tweezers? I've never owned one with an auto so I'm not sure how that bulb is in there.

wv82

Reaction score
Tried tweezers also ain't sure what else to do.Its a L37 bulb the kind you just push down in if that gives you any idea.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of these?

213875FioeL.jpg

wv82

Reaction score
Yes one like that it broke at the bottom where it gets flat and I cant get ahold of filament or anything when i was trying with the needle nose it kinda crushed it down in where you cant get it.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you take a picture? I feel like you should be able to pry the pieces out with something.

wv82

Reaction score
Yeah ill try and get a picture within the next few days I been really busy and aint had time to tear it back apart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso