GT28 60trim

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that thing is hit or miss...although it does look pretty legit...but like i said...its hit or miss on ebay turbos

man its sooo tempting...

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol damn, thats a bit much for what I want to do.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Although if I felt the need for 400hp that would get me there lol

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Plus for that much why not just buy this? :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T...ies?hash=item3355a1af47&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the best way to add life to your ebay...

buy turbo, buy a authentic garret rebuidl kit, swap everything that is swapable with the garret kit out, inc bearings and thrust bearing, preferably a 360* one, this wont work on all turbos though as some of them have thicker shafts to make up for the weaker material they use...

Last edited:

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the best way to add life to your ebay...

buy turbo, buy a authentic garret rebuidl kit, swap everything that is swapable with the garret kit out, inc bearings and thrust bearing, preferably a 360* one, this wont work on all turbos though as some of them have thicker shafts to make up for the weaker material they use...

well can you give us a any kind of suggestion for this...like lets say we were going with the above turbo...the gt28.

from my understanding for the gt28 u cant get a rebuild kit...you need to change out the whole CHRA...unless im missing something?

maybe you can provide us with some links..as i have been searching for something where i could just rebuild the Center housing or something similar

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the info from a few other forums, you dont swap the whole chra, just the internals of the CHRA, basically rebuild the new turbo noce u recieve it...simple as that...if your using a gt28 get a gt28 rebuild kit, if its a t3/t4 use a corresponding rebuild kit...be sure its a authentic garret kit...swap it evertyhing that can be swapped..and put it all back together....

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well...ive been looking to get something like that...since the bearings blew out and the shaft snapped in half and i cant find the turbine anywhere...probably shot out the exhaust since both my wideband and narrowband are destroyed...where can i get these rebuild kits? point me/us in the right direction

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso