Help with check engine light after changing oil

mad.cobalt

Reaction score
Ok so i recently changed the oil on my 08 cobalt and check engine comes on and the dashboard tell me to "Change OIL SOON" what do i do to reset the computer or to make that sign go away!!!!

please any help thanks:)

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be in your owners manual. I don't know if it is the same on your model but. turn car on with engine off, press and hold info button for a few seconds then something will pop up on the DIC. scroll through until you see oil reset, hold arrow button on the steering wheel, DIC will flash ACKNOWLEDGED.

Octain16

Reaction score
Another way is to put the key in the "Run" position (engine off), and press the accelerator to the floor three times. Should reset the oil life.

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ what??! never heard of doing it that way! I just hold down the button with engine off.. works for me. just look in the manual!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another way is to put the key in the "Run" position (engine off), and press the accelerator to the floor three times. Should reset the oil life.
^ what??! never heard of doing it that way! I just hold down the button with engine off.. works for me. just look in the manual!
That's been the fall back for reset for a while.

ramon

Reaction score
Chevy Equinox was this way too. (gas pedal reset)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso