HID and the cops????

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys sup I was planning on purchasing HID coversion set to switch over my halogen s to HIDS i was wondering what temperature ratings are good to get??? i dont think i want a blue look or purple look ?? 8000k???? 7000k?? also to i live in a small town and sometimes cops could be pricks :whymewhyme: and i was wondering what rating of HID bulbs would be good to go with so cops wont bother me??? but at the same time i dont wanna be super DIM either lol i do alot of highway driving

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
6k or 8k, but cops technically can give you a ticket if HIDs are not housed in projectors, most of the time if your in a big enough city they wont bother about it. i have 10k hids no issues

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
coming out of a town with 3k people, cops have NEVER pulled me over for my HID's and ive had them almost a year, htey are 10k and i love them

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your worried about the cops best thing to do is just put some sylvania's or something brighter but a stock replacement. if you don't really care i would recommend 6000k. they are more then enough light even on the darkest highway

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 6K and the only thing that happens is people flash their lights at me occasionaly...

Black_Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 8k and I live in a city with about 6 townships and haven't been bothered by the cops in either one... Actually some of the newer cop cars here upgraded to HIDs...

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet

i have lumanic headlight bulbs in mine...they are about equal to 6ks...im gunnna get 8ks as soon as my taxes come back

snow1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup