Hid Problem Please Help :(

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have to have a Bi-Xenon kit to have the HIDs running with the low beams? how do you get both?

Govna47

Reaction score
My understanding was that the bi-xenon kits were like single beam kits, except when you flip on high beams, the beam of light gets forced upwards. I've got these: http://www.vvme.com/standard-90072-hid-conversion-kit-p-62.html?cPath=44_53_50 in my girlfriend's Cobalt and my own Explorer Sport, where the low is HID and the high beam "flash" is a halogen bulb and high beam "on" is just the halogen. Am I wrong about the bi-xenons?

Last edited:

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres different types. one has a single bulb that is motorized and when you hit the "high beam" it just moves up a little bit. One has 2 bulbs one hid and one halogen hid for the low halogen for the high. I think there might also be ones with 2 HID bulbs one high one low but idk

Govna47

Reaction score
theres different types. one has a single bulb that is motorized and when you hit the "high beam" it just moves up a little bit. One has 2 bulbs one hid and one halogen hid for the low halogen for the high. I think there might also be ones with 2 HID bulbs one high one low but idk

I've only ever seen
single beam - self explanatory
2 HID - (fixed the link above. sorry) which has the halogen attached
bi-xenon - looks like single but it forces up the light beam
I myself have never seen ones with two hid bulbs

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have an issue that one of the H.I.D s light bulbs do not power up at all?? i swapped the ballad and now it does it on the other side obviously its a ballad issue i think it has done this since day 1 when the kit was new now it gets worst, usually i can pull my ebrake and flick my lights on and off and then if im lucky both lights come on but not lately usually just one comes on , i am ordering new ballads and bulbs just wondering anyone has had these issues i go through DDM tuning for my kits

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuk it my lights are pretty old already got in 2010 I'm just ordering a whole new kit

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

I went with 6000 k 35 w ballads. I've had 50w 5000 k last time and I swear everyone id drive by would give me brights lol I've also go pulled over once by cops hopefully these ain't as bad I think I will eventually go to projectors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso