Is this normal?

06_2010

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an 06 Cobalt LS and it is an automatic. When I bought it from the PO, he said that you have to press a button under the steering column to get the key to come out all the way after shutting the car off. I got a buddy that has on 06 Cobalt too that dont have this problem, but his is a 5 speed. Is this normal? If not, is there a way to fix it?

Punk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
def not normal i know what you talking about i think but i think thats only if you break your key off

06_2010

Reaction score
Ok, but it wont let the key turn all the way off until i press that button, is there a way to fix it?

Punk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure let me look around and see if i can find anything

06_2010

Reaction score
I know! haha I have been looking since I got it, the PO said it was something to do with the safety setting or with the theft mode or something Im not sure, i found it pretty weird myself, but for the amount I paid Ill live lol

06_2010

Reaction score
well i had to take it to a dealer, but not a GM dealer, just to get a spare key made, and I had to get in it just to program it since there had to be a certain time that you can do it. I told the guy the trick, and he looked at my like I was full of shit lol I might call the dealer and see what the deal is on Monday

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts