Key Fob remote problem SOLVED!

Erik

Reaction score
I finally found out why my remote keyless entry wasn't working. Everyone I talk to has problem with these dumb remotes. I tried replacing the battery. For one of the remotes I had to re-solder the battery terminal. But still the unlock and lock buttons didn't work, the other ones did. It turns out after a bit of searching on the web, that the actual rubber/metal contacts that touch the circuit board when you push the buttons were actually worn out. I tried to glue some foil to the buttons, they would work for a while but eventually come off. I ended up buying a small pad that slides right inside the remote and fixes all the buttons. Its been 4 months and the remotes still work great. A couple of my friends have used them on other gm car remotes. The company that makes the pads is keylessfix. LINK REMOVED Just thought i would post this since it seems like so many people have had the same problems with these remotes as I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I smell something....Definitely wouldn't do any option involving sending off my remote....especially to Canada lol hell it specifically says

"all remotes are scanned and checked before they are shipped back to you"

Thanks I like my car only opening for the two remotes I already own....

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Oh and welcome to the forum......what brought you here?

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

This guy is on atleast 2 other forums, 1 under the same name and post count.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The idea might work...but this is promoting a product without being a vendor....and this person is likely the vendor themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup