Leaking fluid!

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright go outside in the garage and look underneath the car and see red fluid just hanging for one of the bolts by the intermediate shaft. Look at the seal on the trans and its coming from there, went to get new seal, asked what kind of fluid is in there and they had to call a chevy dealership. They told the parts person that they dont carry it so, what kind of fluid is in the trans??? Because i have no clue and carquest has no clue. Should i call a different dealership to see if they have it? Any help would work, just dont want to drive it with fluid coming out of it when it sits and dont want to run it dry. Another thing to deal with =(

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saturn stuff (gm p# 21018899)
DSC_0452.jpg

or the saab stuff (saab p#93165290)
DSC_0453.jpg

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright cool, how much do i want to get when i do this seal? Cuz i know that fluid is gonna come out but i dont know how much fluid.

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright sweet, thanks man! I just called chevy and they told me that they dont have any in stock and they said that its $15.00 for a bottle of that. Does that seem right?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah lol it's way over priced. didn't you hear gm is funding another trip to the moon :lol: a few people have done royal purple and such but i don't reccomend it. if you don't mess with it there's nothing to go wrong.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm saying, that's a normal price for it. i got it for 12 bucks a liter at the saab dealer. you're wasting .5qts compared to .2liters with the saturn stuff

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah alright well i got my parts guy looking for me and he probs can give me a better deal on the stuff. He did mention that some people have been running amsoil, mobil 1 as well in the trans. Good, bad, but you did mention not to run royal purple and i am not going to do that.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it's up to you man. i'm saying a lot of people do do it, and nothing's hjappened that i've heard of so far. but like i said, if you leave it alone and use the same stuff there's no chance of it causing problems.

also, saab uses the mu3 transmission in way more cars than gm. saab dealers usually stock the stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso