Monroe Quick Struts?

Liz.05LS

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Cobalt LS Sedan and it's time for new shocks/struts. I was going to go with the FE5 setup, but I don't have a way to compress the springs. I stumbled upon Monroe Quick Struts. Has anyone else used them on their balt? If so, how do you like them?

Thanks in advance!

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They need a deposit to let you borrow the loaner tool. Just make sure to give it back to them. Its like 60$

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

MP81

Reaction score
Haven't had experience with those - but I know many people have made the mistake of running the Monroe Sensa-Tracs, and have gone through multiple pairs of them. Monroe knows they have issues, and they replace them with no problem, but after a while, replacing your struts gets old.

I don't know what the price point is on the Quick Struts, but the FE5 equipment isn't very expensive (especially on CED or Rock Auto, maybe even Amazon) and it's very, very good.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fe5 isn't meant to be dropped 2 inches, of you're wanting to go that low buy a full set of Koni shocks. They make Sportline springs fell like a go kart.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fe5 isn't meant to be dropped 2 inches, of you're wanting to go that low buy a full set of Koni shocks. They make Sportline springs fell like a go kart.

Mines came with em on. I wanted stock springs but 0 sets showed up for a YEAR!. Now everybody selling it when my suspension is half blown. Mite as well go big lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Liz.05LS

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, guys.

After doing the math out, I'm just going to order the FE5 setup from CED.. springs and all.

$60 to rent the compressor isn't bad, if I get it back.. Now I just have to find a video on how to use it without killing myself.. haha

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its rather simple. 1 jaw on top most part of the spring away enough to clear the cap of the strut. Same for bottom. 1 claw on each side and compress. Its rather dangerous. If u can take it to a shop and get em assembled for like 10$ ull be golden. Its doable and I do believe its not bad on cobalts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso