More 09 LT Cooling Issues

Trussell

Reaction score
Here I am again :emotions34:

Last time I had issues with the temp going up it ended up being something simple...holding/pressure tank had a small leak and so did 1 line....now after 4 weeks its running up to 240 again and cools only to about 212 on the highway

Water pump was also replaced

Could this be the Temp Sensor or Thermostat? Im almost to the point of calling the bank and telling them to take it back...its been nothing but an endless money pit the last 12 months

Thanks again
Travis

ivaylonikolov

Reaction score
i remember u said in your last posting that the coolant made its way into the oil .if u have blown head gasket changing thermostats and sensors wont do u any good.have the vehicle's coolant system tested -
pressure test
exhaust gas into the coolant

Trussell

Reaction score
Already had that work done...had the head sent off to be safe and it was ok...replaced the gasket, water pump, thermostat, and the hoses...just did the sensor and it seems to be running fine, but for how long who knows

ivaylonikolov

Reaction score
Already had that work done...had the head sent off to be safe and it was ok...replaced the gasket, water pump, thermostat, and the hoses...just did the sensor and it seems to be running fine, but for how long who knows

235 is high temperature ,very close to overheating .If u had the headgasket repair done by a shop take the car back to them something is not right .if u did the repair yourself did u had the head resurfaced ,x-rayed and pressure tested for cracks

Trussell

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, but I just decided to get rid of it....ended up with an 03 Galant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup