Muffler question

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of changing my megan muffler to a flowmaster. To do this all I would have to do is cut behind the muffler and put the flowmaster on with a clamp right? The Megan piping is 2.5 so the flowmaster ID has to be 2.5 also right? I was gonna order a flowmaster tip also. Can I attach the tip the same way with a clamp? The OD of the muffler is 2.5 also. So the tip is 2.5 too. With an 4" od.

Another question is how I go about attaching hangers to hold up the muffler?

Thanks

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally i dont see a clamp being sufficient to make a seal so there are no leaks.....maybe i'm picturing it wrong but i would have it welded....

EDIT: same with the tip...

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen these clamps that are wide ,about 6 inches. Made by borla. It looks like it makes a good seal

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol..never hurts to try it.....if it works then noice!....if not...then you spend a lil more money and know for future reference...

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if ut doesn't then I'll get it welded. The flowmaster mufflers give the best deep aggressive tone IMO. I was seaching thru out the day today in you tube.

I would like to trade but I can't seem to find anyone tht wants

Cobalt_SSTuner

Reaction score
Yes you could do that with a clamp. I'm actually starting to see those big exhaust clamps more and more. I'm kinda curious how they work.

To have a muffler welded on with hangers, labor would probably run about 40 bucks at an exhaust shop, so maybe 50 after taxes. IDK how much the clams are, maybe it would be easier to just have it welded? (just a thought)

The muffler tip can be clamped.

pipe size of the megan is 2.5, so the inlet for the flowmaster must be 2.5.

Did that help?

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it helps I mean I just wanted to be sure but you just let me know it works. I'm probably gonna get those plumbing hangers tht wrap around a pipe and get nailed to an anchor but I'll just drill the hole bigger and wedge it in the car muffler holder.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna order this and let you know how it goes

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what ive seen is you have the exhaust pipe go into the muffler and clamp it that way... but in all honestly the best way is to buy yourself the muffler go to a local exhaust shop and have them install it should cost more then 60 bucks... but thats my .02

Cobalt_SSTuner

Reaction score
what ive seen is you have the exhaust pipe go into the muffler and clamp it that way... but in all honestly the best way is to buy yourself the muffler go to a local exhaust shop and have them install it should cost more then 60 bucks... but thats my .02

**shouldn't**

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup