need a little advice! a little dissapointed

littledifferent

Reaction score
I bought a 07 cobalt with a no start problem not really knowing much about the cars so i started doing my reserch and i must say i am terribly dissipointed with the intire electrical design flaw theres so many issues with ground connections exposed to the elements and all shot... the computers failing... abs problems... Power steering... Fuse box connections... The secondary air injection is a terrible design...i love the car style and want to keep it but idk if theres a way to delete alot of that garbage... Or fix it better than chev made it... Ive really been playing with the idea of a carborated motor of some sort and making it rwd... I know im going to get crap about it that itll cost too much or whatever but i have nothing but time and want to make something special and different than the rest... Any advice is much appreciated... Thanks

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! You kinda skipped all over the place in your post, so I'll just start with simple stuff.

Does the car have any power to it?

SAI I believe you can delete through HPTuners, don't quote me there though.

There are a few folks that have managed to do a RWD conversion, never cheap, but with a good game plan can be done. There's a guy in Canada that's been slowly turning his LSJ supercharged into an LSX powered RWD dragster since '05, still going, his bill is currently north of $200k due to a few mishaps. Another took a parts GTO and swapped over the entire drivetrain to the Cobalt, saw it last for sale around $60,000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso