need more power 08 balt..

becareless06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking for more power in the cobalt.. 08 ls 2.2 i already put a magnaflow muffler and drop in high flow filter dont know what my options are thanks russ

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
08....thats the L61 motor, more power means a tune but thats the last thing in the line so here's the list I advise (and followed with my L61):
AEM Intake (or whatever cold air intake you perfer)
2.4 LE5 intake manifold
2.0 LSJ exhaust manifold
2.0 LSJ downpipe
Full mandrel bent exhaust, I went with 2.25 with a resonator to keep the bees away
then a tune from Vince at Trifecta.

That's my mod list when I had my 06 L61, think you have SRI which you will need to get tuned out if you are going to use the LSJ exhaust mani and anything but the K&N intake.

If you really want more power you're going to need to either go forced induction with a supercharger or turbocharger, or you can drop a set of cams in it. Sadly as amazing as cams sound and perform you are going to lose daily driveability with cams above Stg2

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08....thats the L61 motor, more power means a tune but thats the last thing in the line so here's the list I advise (and followed with my L61):
AEM Intake (or whatever cold air intake you perfer)
2.4 LE5 intake manifold
2.0 LSJ exhaust manifold
2.0 LSJ downpipe
Full mandrel bent exhaust, I went with 2.25 with a resonator to keep the bees away
then a tune from Vince at Trifecta.

That's my mod list when I had my 06 L61, think you have SRI which you will need to get tuned out if you are going to use the LSJ exhaust mani and anything but the K&N intake.

If you really want more power you're going to need to either go forced induction with a supercharger or turbocharger, or you can drop a set of cams in it. Sadly as amazing as cams sound and perform you are going to lose daily driveability with cams above Stg2

everything he said, except I'd go with an aftermarket header instead of the 2.0 exhaust manifold, and go with 2.75 or bigger straight pipe from the header back

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't think 2.75 is too large? I liked what I had because it wasn't raspy, larger tubing is going to get rasp.

becareless06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant seem to find cams for it i thought about it already and am wanting to do the sts turbo system..

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

and thanks guys

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
4-2-1 header is a must over others however wont work if you want turbo.

supercharging a 2.2 is safer and just as fun.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Supercharging at this point in time is cheap as heck too, just gotta find the right person that's selling their M62.

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercharging at this point in time is cheap as heck too, just gotta find the right person that's selling their M62.

yep, seen entire supercharger kits for as low as 600 before

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

You don't think 2.75 is too large? I liked what I had because it wasn't raspy, larger tubing is going to get rasp.

It all depends on what the person likes. I like it loud and annoying, some people don't, plus some people have to worry about emmisions and have to take that into consideration, but if he's going turbo then all that goes out the door anyway

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup

Latest posts